There's nothing more fun than eating a spoonful of cookie dough. Now, with this edible sugar cookie dough, you can have as much as you want without any worries!
Being able to eat raw cookie dough safely is pretty high on my list of needs when it comes to dessert. Sugar cookies are one of my favorite cookies. While the super soft ones with frosting are nice, my favorite ones are the chewier sugar cookies, which is what I use as the base for this particular recipe.
It is the perfect base for adding in any of your favorite mix-ins, but just a few sprinkles are great, too!
Sugar Cookie Dough Mix-ins
Here are some great mix-ins for your edible cookie dough.
- white chocolate chips
- golden Oreos
- ground cinnamon
- chai spices
- crushed peppermint for the holidays
- caramel or toffee bits
You can also use brown butter for a deliciously nutty flavor.
Is it Safe to Eat Raw Sugar Cookie Dough?
Normally, you cannot eat raw sugar cookie dough, but this edible version was made specifically to be eaten raw. We do two main things to make this sugar cookie dough edible.
- We eliminate the egg. Raw eggs are a huge factor as to why you shouldn't be eating unbaked sugar cookie cookies. By taking them out and using something like cream to replace the egg, you get the same nice texture without the risk.
- We heat treat the flour. Believe it or not, but you can potentially get sick from eating raw flour. By heating the flour through, you eliminate the risk of getting sick from eating raw flour.
If you do both things, you can rest assured that it is perfectly safe to eat this edible sugar cookie dough.
So What Ingredients DO Go Into This Recipe?
We use all the primary ingredients (minus the egg, of course), that you would use to make a regular baked sugar cookie. We also take out any rising agents like baking powder simply because we don't need them. The ingredients are as follows:
- Cream or milk
How to Store
Always keep your dough in an airtight container. I usually put mine in an airtight freezer bag, but any airtight container will work,
- At room temperature, it will last up to 8 hours.
- In the refrigerator, it should last up to 1 week.
- In the freezer, it will last up to 1 month.
Craving More Cookie Dough Recipes?
Me too. Luckily, I have a few recipes I think you might like. My cake batter cookie dough is a long time reader favorite. This red velvet cookie dough is a ton of fun to make. These peanut butter cookie dough truffles are a ton of fun to eat and share. If you are looking for something to dip, you have to try the monster cookie dough dip. This edible brownie batter is perfect for the brownie lover. If you want just the classics, you will adore this edible chocolate chip cookie dough.
You can now get my eBook full of more of my favorite edible cookie dough recipes!
- 1 cup flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 - 3 tablespoons cream or milk
- sprinkles (optional)
- Put the flour and salt in a microwave-safe bowl. Heat for two minutes, and set aside to cool slightly.
- Melt the butter.
- Mix the flour, butter, sugar, and vanilla together until just combined.
- Add in the cream or milk until it reaches a nice consistency.
- Fold in sprinkles, if desired.
- Store in an airtight container
- Don't forget to try my edible chocolate chip cookie dough
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 115Total Fat: 7gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 2gCholesterol: 20mgSodium: 43mgCarbohydrates: 11gFiber: 0gSugar: 4gProtein: 1g