A light and airy whipped feta dip with za’atar. This tasty dip is perfect for parties or to use as a spread in wraps, sandwiches, and more.
Ever since I went to Cheese Camp back in September, I’ve been requiring a steady diet of cheese in my life. And not just any cheese. I need Really.Good. cheese. It’s not good for my wallet or my waistline, but I can’t help it. You know what though? I so do not apologize for it because as long as I’m not eating a whole block of cheese on my own a day, I say I am doing alright. Right?
(Now is the part where you agree and eat some cheese with me)
During my trip to see America’s Test Kitchen, I received a few of their cookbooks that I didn’t already have. So far I’ve made about five recipes from the books that I will share with you very soon. For now, I wanted to share this whipped feta dip because… whipped feta.
I actually never had whipped feta before I made this, but everyone I spoke to about it raved about how amazing it was. They. Were. Right.
Oh my gosh, they were all right.
Whipped feta is this dreamy, creamy, airy, and so tangy. It’s a life changer.
You can eat it as a dip – it is especially amazing with tomatoes when they are in season. Or as a spread in wraps or sandwiches or toasts. Basically, you can – and will want to – put it in everything.
And it’s so easy. All you do it put some feta (only use the kind in the brine, not the crumbled variety) and extra virgin olive oil in a food processor and process until smooth. Add in any kind of flavoring you want. cayenne, garlic, onion, herbs, spices, sundried tomatoes, roasted peppers. An-y-thing! I decided to go with za’atar because I just ordered some and it arrived the day I was making the dip. Next time, I will probably add in lemon and garlic and take things from there.
So go forth and whip it. Whip it good. (and no, I won’t apologize for the Devo reference).
Whipped Feta Dip with Za'atar
Yield 2 cups
An unforgettable easy whipped feta dip that is perfect for parties and get togethers!
- 1 lbs feta (see notes)
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, plus more if needed and more for topping
- 1 1/2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons za'atar, plus more for topping
- In a food processor add the feta, oil, lemon juice, cayenne, pepper, and za'atar.
- Pulse until creamy. Drizzle in more extra virgin olive oil if needed to get the consistency you want.
- Place in a bowl and top with more extra virgin olive oil and za'atar.
- Store in an airtight container in a refrigerator for up to 4 days.
Use feta that was stored in brine. Rinse the feta and gently pat dry before using. Do not use crumbled feta.
Serving Size 2 tablespoons
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 7 g
Saturated Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 5 mg
Sodium 264 mg
Protein 7 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.