Dig into this easy and foolproof s'mores dip. This simple dip recipe is guaranteed to be a true crowd-pleaser.
What is this dip?
This dip is a delicious and convenient way to eat s'mores with the family during the summer.
We start with the most luscious warm, melted chocolate which is layered with gooey and toasted marshmallows. Take all of that and use a graham cracker to dip for the most amazing s'mores experience of your life.
I think the best part about this dip is how easy it is to make. I mean, there are only a couple of things you need, and you probably already have all or most of the ingredients in your pantry!
- Chocolate - You can use pretty much any chocolate you have around. Chocolate chips, chunks, or chopped chocolate bars are all great to use!
- Marshmallows - For ease, use store-bought jumbo marshmallows, but if you want to fancy things up a bit, try homemade marshmallows.
- Graham crackers - This finishes the s'mores trifecta. I like using cinnamon graham crackers, but use your favorite. Chocolate graham crackers are so good with this dip. If you want to get fancy you can also try homemade graham crackers.
How to serve
So, s'mores dip is typically served with graham crackers. It's what makes the dip "s'mores," but you don't have to stick with just graham crackers. You can definitely switch things up and use a number of food you think would go well with the chocolate and marshmallow. Here are a few ideas to get you started:
- Vanilla Wafers
- Slices of pound cake
- Apple slices
You don't have to have s'mores dip just the way it is! Try mixing things up and have some fun.
- Top the chocolate with caramel sauce.
- Toss in mini peanut butter cups or a few dollops of peanut butter.
- Experiment with different types of chocolate: milk, dark, white, or even your favorite flavored chocolate bars.
- Swirl in Nutella with the chocolate.
- Use different flavored marshmallows to top your dip.
Yes! Be sure to use a microwave-safe bowl. Heat the chocolate in 30-second increments mixing until the chocolate is half melted. Top with marshmallow and heat until gooey. Marshmallows won't toast microwaved.
Yes! As long as you use an oven-safe container, you can make your dip in the oven without a skillet. Small baking pans and ceramic pie dishes are my favorite.
Yes! Place it in a warm oven for a couple of minutes and it should be good as new!
If you love s'mores, try the reader favorite s'mores cookies. The s'mores brownies, s'mores pudding, and boozy s'mores milkshake are also really amazing. This s'mores pie is incredibly delicious and perfect for summer.
- 10 ounces chocolate
- 1 bag jumbo marshmallows
- graham crackers
- Preheat the oven to 350°F
- Layer the chocolate in a small cast-iron skillet.
- Top with the marshmallows, squeeze them in tight.
- Bake for 5 minutes.
- Serve with the Graham crackers.
Reheat in the oven at 300 degrees for 3 - 5 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 20 Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 80Total Fat: 4gSaturated Fat: 3gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 1gCholesterol: 3mgSodium: 15mgCarbohydrates: 9gFiber: 1gSugar: 8gProtein: 1g
Calculations are estimations, use your own calculations using the brands you specifically used for more accurate numbers.